Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Thai Iced Coffee

The thing is, I really miss Thailand. I really miss the scorching heat, and the dirty streets, and the busy, colorful markets, and the food, oh the food, and my family. I miss riding behind Nick on the scooter, and drinking fresh fruit shakes, speaking Thai, and going on adventures with my dad. It's a lot to miss. Thankfully I don't have to miss Thai iced coffee.
Sweet, creamy, but somehow still really strong- I'd never been able to replicate the flavor no matter how many recipes I found and tried online. So in Thailand, I watched like a hawk while the baristas made it at the little stands. And it is oh so simple. I tried it out as soon as we got home, and its the real deal.

8 oz hot espresso (if you have an espresso maker) OR very strong black coffee
2 tsp sweetened condensed milk
2 tbs evaporated milk
Lots and lots of ice

Brew the espresso, and pour it into a large mug. Whisk in the condensed milk, and then stir in the evaporated milk. Both of these are in cans in the baking aisle at the grocery store.
 Fill a glass to the brim with ice, and pour the warm espresso mixture over it. And there you have it. A perfect little sip of Thailand. 
 I can't wait to get back. 






1 comment:

I would love, love, love to hear from you!