Thursday, November 29, 2012

Home for the Holidays

The thing is, I had a plan. I made a reduced guilt crockpot eggplant-zuchinni Parmesan. It had layers of crispy baked eggplant (and zuchinni), my grandma's delicious homemade sauce, and mozzarella cheese. It looked amazing. And then, as I drove home from work, I called my dear husband to ask him to put on some pasta, and heat up some extra sauce. Instead of 'dirtying another pot' he decided to simply dump all  the leftover sauce on top of  the bubbling, cheesy Parmesan in the crock pot. And so, while the meal still tasted good, it looked awful. Needless to say, I am not putting it up on this blog, and I didn't even take pictures-- it was too sad.

This morning, before I head off to work, I am starting, continuing, and finishing various Christmas projects. Paper garland for the tree. A fabric star or two. I found a beautiful book at the little consignment shop next door filled with pictures for a old fashioned countryside Christmas. Which is, of course, all I ever long for.





I cannot wait to start wrapping gifts. And I cannot wait to have a tree to put them under!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love, love, love to hear from you!